Monday 8 October 2012

The Body Shop vs. Sephora

 I went to The Body Shop yesterday since I wanted to pick a few things up because it was The Body Shop Member's Day and also because I had my birthday a few days ago. I got what I wanted and left happily. 
I went to Sephora with a friend of mine today, taking along an email I received from Sephora stating that I can redeem one/two Sugar mini lip balms since it's my birthday. At the check-out, I was told that this gift is not available in Malaysia and Singapore. 

What I was wondering is, then why did I get the email in the first place? If the Sephora in US is offering me a gift to redeem for my birthday, why does the Sephora in Malaysia not do it? Finding out if I can redeem the gift took about 5-10 minutes. 
I know for a fact that this would not have happened in The Body Shop. They have superb service. I'm not saying Sephora is a complete let down but I won't deny the fact that I am quite dissapointed. Even more so when I signed up as a member,  and they did not get my name right in the system and when I try to change it now, it won't let me! I won't stop going to Sephora but I don't think I will be too bothered about using the Sephora member's card or asking for any assistance in the future.

Sephora has pretty amazing stuff but they should up their standards and value their customers more.

*Please note that I am only stating about the Policies and Procedures when it comes to customers.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...