Saturday 6 April 2013

This and That Foundations - Mac Studio Sculpt Vs. Smashbox HD Healthy Fx

I just recently got plenty goodies so I'll start sharing them with you one by one.

MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation
MYR 130.00
40ml / 1.3 US fl. oz.
Made in USA.
SPF 15

If you are looking for fast, full coverage and a matte look, this is definitely the foundation to go for.
I like how it's packed and how it looks on my skin.
You can even use this foundation on your body and legs.

I've used this foundation on my legs to cover up bruises that haven't gone away yet.

You can check out other products Mac has to offer by clicking on the link below :
Official Mac Online Store

Smashbox High Definition Healthy Fx Foundation
Around MYR 150 
30 ml / 1 fl.oz
Made in USA
From Sephora
UVA / UVB 15
Oil Free
Cruelty Free
Paraben Free

There is anti-oxidant vitamin C in this foundation!

I was actually looking to get MUF Matte HD Foundation from Sephora but they didn't have my shade in stock so I thought why not try this foundation.
 
This foundation has a buildable coverage.

What I find most annoying is the lid that keeps coming off! Not sure if it's just with my bottle or if it's the same with all bottles.

You can check out other products from Smashbox by clicking on the link below :
       Smashbox Cosmetics
 
 Swatch of both foundations :
The textures are similar but MAC's foundation is heavier.
 
 For my skin tone, I got Smashbox's Light L4 & MAC's NC42. ( Thanks to both the sales girls from Sephora and MAC for helping me get the right shades! )

 I would recommend using the Smashbox Foundation during the day and the MAC foundation during the night when you need your foundation to stay put with minimal touch-ups.

You can use either a brush / sponge / fingers for the MAC foundation and I would recommend using a foundation brush for the Smashbox foundation as you wouldn't want the foundation to quickly rub off on your hands.

I like both of the foundations since they do not bother my skin, doesn't feel heavy, stays on for a long time ( with the help of my MUF primer ) and really does give you that HD look.

I didn't realize I received a Photo Finish Foundation Primer ( below picture ) until a little earlier. Oops! I'll test it out and let you know about it later on.


Have you used either one of these two foundations? Let me know what you think about them.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...